Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-03-24

Waking up

Hi cybie wow the book addiction to perfection really help me. It focus on how perfection leads to obsession and then all the rituals start in your life which you call your reality. Its about the negative mother (witch) inside created out of childhood ur own mother | father situations. The aim to replace with great earth mother who nourish and love to learn that body and mind can live in harmony and to teach your core Ego to stand strong. I keep writting to pin the witch down and let my earth mother flourish. I already feel more free. Now i do things to love myself which create joy and fun rather then rituals and bad voices. Its a process but the witch will be banished.

Years back I discovered the useful psyhological concept ( and later the brilliant shrink you worked it out became a friend ) of the "good enough mother" ; and part of i was the importance of a mother being good enough by various standards, but not needing to be superb in any of them. So we need to try to be good enough at what we do, without requiring perfection, especially when the impossibility of perfection is then so often used as an excuse for not trying at all.
Sounds like you're on a fruitful path of discover, and losing the witch.