Posted by: Wayne | 2011-05-30

Wake a lot

Hi, My problem is I wake a lot during the night. Simply when I turn over and I''m constantly checking the time etc. I also never feel well rested in the mornings even when I go to bed really early. Soemtimes it feels like I wake extremely often over ten times a night. Is this s real problem?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

It is a problem because you dont feel rested when you wake. This indicates that you are probably not getting a good quality of sleep. There can be various causes of this, and it will need to be looked at by a sleep doctor.

It is normal to wake during the night, even 4 or 5 times. However, we usually do not remember waking, and we should wake refreshed. So 10 times a night certainly sounds like you have a problem.