Posted by: Lovey | 2008-12-02

Waiting Period

Dear Doctor,

I just had a Miscarriage 5 weeks ago, and have got my periods hat lasted for 3 days. Can one fall pregnant 6 weeks after the miscarriage? How safe is this?

Also I had a cornization done 12 years ago, before I had my daughter who is no 11 years old, I carried her full term without the Gynae putting a stitch. With my last pregnancy, I was told there was no need for a stitch and i ended up with a miscarriage (24 weeks). I was bleeding from 7 weeks, 15 weeks and 24 weeks. How soon after you become pregnant can you have a stitch?

It is possibel to fall pregnant 6 weeks after a miscarriage. There would be a slightly higher chance of another miscarriage if you fall pregnant so soon after a miscarriage.
From what you describe, it does not sound like a problem that would have been helped by a stitch. The cervix length can be leasured in the next pregnancy to see whether there is a problem and whether a stitch is necessary.