Posted by: Sim/Parent | 2013-02-08

Daughter accepted in varcity.Bursary in final assesment, to knw outcome next week.Child only paid for acceptance letter at varcity.
Can they make exclusion pending result of whether she get a bursary or not,
Am so depressed now.Don''t want her to lose out as this is the last day today.
Parent five months in employ and not even permanent.Can varcity allow time to see if she is allocated or not.Am not too sure how bursars shortlist applicants and allocations
Thanks....Plse advise

Posted by: Amasi | 2013-02-08

If you can raise the Registration fee, then all is well. Even if the bursary declines her application, it is the problem of June results. Then you might have figured out something.

I agree with mom2. I generally wonder how one is able to save for varsity while there is no food in the house. Some people are earning enough to make them indebted (COSATU Labour Broker problem). This lady indicated that she has just started working (5months) so there could be no savings.

BTW, when I was at school I was working so the family dont sleep hungry. Nothing to save as extra must buy new school shoes or calculator. Which is a story of many people.

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Mum 2 | 2013-02-08

Pathetic of you and not ashamed.Sounds like parent could hardly save as 5 months is a really short time.
Your attitude is one of those well to do arrogant moms.You don''t even knw what he earns.By the way looking at your other comment it seems it is you ''that need a man afterall''.You seem bored.All you want is take on people.
Parent need to see management and explain I am sure they may find a way to reserve that place for the child.

Reply to Mum 2
Posted by: Mom | 2013-02-08

Parents must learn to save money for their kids education otherwise they frustrate their kids like this. i am sure this mommy is carrying Gucci bags and wearing the latest brands. What can one do with those kinds of parents?

Reply to Mom