Question
Posted by: Bets | 2008/11/20

VWB disease

I have a history of ' bleeding more than the average person' ....My Dr did a test for Von Wille Brand disease /factor...My count was 33....I' m not sure what this means....She only said over the phone that this indicates that I might have VWB disease and refered me to a specialist...But I can only get an appointment in January. Could you maybe spread some light on this blood count for me? Does this show a mild /moderate case or is one blood test insignificant? Thanx dr.

Dear Bets
See http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/vWD/vWD_WhatIs.html
I am not sure what test she did - do you have more info for me?