Posted by: Mickey | 2008-11-20

My tweede kind is nou 15 maande en ek is op Melodene. Ek wil bietjie meer uitvind oor die Mirena. Wat is die newe effekte (indien enige). Ek vind dat ek " moodswings"  het met die Melodene.

The main side effect is irregular spotting though a few women complain of weight gain,etc.

Posted by: jjazz | 2008-12-22

Hi Mickey,
It is ironic that you say you want to switchfrom Melodene to the Mirena. I had the Mirena removed 6 months ago after having it for 2 and a half years. I started with Melodene this morning. I experienced bad cramping as well as drawn out periods and spotting whilst on the Mirena. The benefit of having it was that I never had to worry about drinking a pill or anything like that. A lot of my colleagues and friends are on the Mirena and are completely satisfied. So my advice is, try it and maybe you' ll be luckier than I was. I' m hoping that Melodene will be the answer to my problems, but as you' ve pointed out that you have mood swings, I realize that this very much depends from person to person. Good luck!

Reply to jjazz