Question
Posted by: CLW | 2010/08/17

Vomiting Blood

I have been vomiting blood now on and off for about a month. I am quite nauseas but due to lack of appetite don''t really have much to vomit and sometimes I need to force myself to vomit just to feel better. Now I am not sure if the blood is is caused from the force of trying to vomit or not. The blood is bright red in colour. My stools are mostly normal only being dark now and then. I do not have any burning sensation in my stomach area so I am not sure if is an ulcer. Please can you assist me as my medical aid is exhausted for the remaineder of the year so going to the doctor is not an apption.

Hallo CLW
You could be bleeding from varicose veins in the esophagus. Bleeding from the stomach is usually black due to the acid that partly digests the blood. Maybe you should see a surgeon at a provincial/academic hospital if you don't have funds as you may develop a fatal bleed if not treated soon enough. You would need a gastroscopy to see where the blood is coming from.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Hallo CLW