Question
Posted by: Bobo | 2010/06/20

vomiting and diarrhea

my 15 month old baby has been vomiting and passing very watery stools for a week now. I took her to the doc who said it''s just teething issues. I am very worried, as she was hospitalised 3 weeks ago with pneumonia. She does not seem to be in any pain and is still active, but she refuses to eat and only takes in liquids. She seems to be thirsty all the time. Should i be worried or is she really just teething?

Hallo Bobo
The pediatricians do not believe that teething gives babies diarrhoea although I think they may be more prone to it while teething. Try giving her probiotics three times a day ( buy the capsules, open it and pour the powder into her milk/juice) You can try Kaopektin for the runny tummy and emetrol syrup for the vomiting - please follow instructions on the bottle carefully. Check for signs of dehydration - his eyes and cheeks seem sunken, she is unusually inactive or sleepy, her mouth and tongue are very dry or her skin feels dry and wrinkled. If you gently pinch the skin on the back of a dehydrated child's hand, it flattens slowly when released instead of returning to normal immediately.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/21

Hallo Bobo