Question
Posted by: confused | 2009-05-19

voices in my head

Hi Doc, and everyone

i would just like to know if talking to yourself and hearing voices is a mental condition?

I am having serios conversations with myself, as if i am explaining something to someone else, i even use my hands while explianing but there is no one there, i have long and serios conversations with myself, every day of my life and i' ll talk or explain anything, it is not about something spesific at all that usually happens after work wile i am cooking in the kitchen, and when someone walks in i will get a fright and then hope they did not see me talking to myself, when i am alone i will talk out loud like there is someone listening.

sometimes i have voices in my head, 2 voices that are constantly fighting and disagreeing over anything, the one voice tells me to do it and the other will tell that voice to shut up and tell it, its wrong and then tell me to not do it. and it can be about anything and everything, please help am i going crazy or does this happen to every one?

"NOt necessarily !" I said to myself.
What you are describing sounds normal and common. Obviously, you never really see what other people do when they're by themselves, do you ?
Now, voices in the head are much less usual. Maybe just some form of expression of an argument with yourself. WHo are the voices ? Who do you think, when you hear them, are those voices coming from ? If you are confident they are your own, its probably OK. But seeing a friendly local shrink for a check-up might help you to fel properly re-assured. Even if the voices disagree, make the appointment and go !

2
Posted by: D | 2009-05-19

Funny, and I thought I was the only one that did that, glad to know I am not. Then again to do live on my own, so...

Reply to D

perfectly healthy