Question
Posted by: Curious | 2011-06-06

Voice progresser..??

Hi good day. Dont know if anyone can help me with this. What can I drink to help with my voice, before a show? I''m an aspirant singer and believe that you can drink stuff to help with your voice?

Thx

I used to work at Charing Cross Hospital in central London, nearest to the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, and we'd see quite a few singers. From thatb experience, I'd say nothing you can drink would improve your voice - only proper training and practice does that, combined with care not to strain it ( I notice too many kids on Idols who will ruin whatever voice they have, by screaming, yelling, and pushing it too much ). If your manner of singing leaves you a bit hoarse, you're not doing it right, and that voice will not last.
Water would be as good as anything to drink, simply enough to keep your throat from getting excessively dry.

4
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2011-06-07

You can drink whatever you like while you exercise your vocal chords for 45 minutes or more per day  ) Also pay an expert to teach you how to do it properly.

Reply to Vrye Denker
Posted by: Curious | 2011-06-06

Thanks alot CS and Woman..I have heard that Worcestershire sauce also clears your throat.

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Woman | 2011-06-06

Hi curious, if you smoke, quit asap. Cut out all dairy at least 3 days before hand, also some swear by drinking a little schnapps or Old Brown Sherry (like in a cap full, you don''t want to fall all over the place). Warm up very well before a show and develop your diaphragm so you have a strong and clear voice. Yoga - especially pranayama can help a lot with that. Make sure you end you words well. There is nothing more irritating than listening to a voice that ends in a sigh or a groan.

My two cents, and good luck!

Reply to Woman