Question
Posted by: BETH | 2010-03-29

VOCAL CORDS SPASMA

I get vocal cord spasmas. We stay in a region which is high in allergies. Grains, wheat, etc. So I struggle with constant phlem. I lost my one vocal cord years ago after a bout of laringitis. This now results in the phlem gathering on the dead vocal cord and then causes the spasm which leaves me struggling for air for about 30 seconds or more. It feels longer though. It is getting worse and makes me feel vulnerable and scared and exhausted. Is there any cure or what kind of doctor can I go to for help? What can I do?

Hallo Beth
Please see an Ear nose and throat specialist if possible. It may help to use a mucolyticum like Bronkese, with an antihistamine like Loratidine and Beconase aqeous nose spray
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-29

Hallo Beth
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc