Question
Posted by: dw | 2012-05-09

vocab

Hi Doc, hope you can help me. I battle to talk. I never used to have this problem but my words are " shlurry"  and I cant remember words when talking. I am an anxious person and this seems to come right when I am more relaxed but I am thinking that it could be something more sinister!! Should I go to a neurosurgeon or something? Thanks.

Yes, I do suggest that you consult a neurologist. It is possible that you might have some vascular incident, affecting the speech area in the brain where words are formulated. If there is no pathology present, the doctor will refer you to a speech therapist.