Posted by: Aries | 2009-01-20

Vivid dreams

I have really vivid dreams, they are so real when I wake up I am not sure if it really happend or not. Sometimes they are colour and sometimes black and white.

what causes this please? My boyfriend doesn' t remember his dreams and he always wakes up refreshed while I wake up dead tired after being ' busy all night' .

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The content of dreams is usually psychological. However, there are certain medical conditions which can cause vivid dreams and daytime tiredness. If you are tired during the day despite having had what seems to be a good number of hours sleep, then there is a fair chance that the reason may be a sleep disorder. You will then need to be assessed and possibly tested at a unit where this can be done properly.