Posted by: MB | 2008-12-05

Vitiman A poisoning

After being sick for a couple of days, my mother' s GP recommended a blood test, which revealed that she has vit A poisoning.
She said that she' d been taking a certain multi vit tablet for the last 5 years, which could be the origin of the poisoning.
How is this treated &  can this be caused by an overdose of vit A in the tablet? If so, can the manufacturer &  the medical board be approached to revise the dosage of the specific vit? She doesn' t want this to happen to other people.

Dear MB

Thank you for visiting

Please be so kind as to advise what medication your mother was using and the daily dosage, in order for me to provide you with a detailed answer.

In the meantime, you can refer to the following link for a detailed explanation of Vitamin A poisoning:

Kind regards