Question
Posted by: Dusty | 2008/06/22

Vit.B12

Hi Diet Doc, I am a vegetarian, not by choice but by necssity
due to HI cholesterol and various allergies. Would a supplement be
advisable and safe and complete?

Dear Dusty
If you are a strict vegetarian (which I surmise if you have cholesterol problems) and therefore do not eat eggs, meat or fish or milk and dairy products, then the nutrients you may lack are: iron, calcium, vit B12, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. To supplement these nutrients you would need to take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement at least 3 times a week (e.g. Centrum or Supradyn Forte), plus a calcium supplement every day (Caltrate or Calcium Sandoz) and omega-3 (Salmon oil capsules if you are not allergic to them? or flaxseed oil).

2
Posted by: Dusty. | 2008/06/23

Hi Doc, Thank you for the info. I must say that since avoiding the " bad guys" my general health is improvig in leaps and bounds. Your info has given me more peace of mind. Thank you.

Reply to Dusty.
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/06/22

You could maybe drink an iron supplement also, should you not get the necessary supplement in additional iron-inrich foods.

Reply to Zexeon