Posted by: Zita | 2010-08-17

Vitamins while pregnant

I have just found out I am pregnant, I am about 5 weeks. I have been taking pharmaton for pregnant women as it says that you can take while trying to fall pregnant and while pregnant. Should I stop taking them and only take the folic acid until I get to go see my gynea? Or is it safe to continue taking daily?

Thank you!

You can continue.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-20

You can continue.

Posted by: Purple | 2010-08-17

You should be taking folic acid and a pregnancy vitamin. There is a big variety of pregnancy vitamins available.

If you get very nauseous from around 6 weeks or so, your gynae might suggest you stop taking the vitamins until the nausea passes. Most people don''t need to stop their vitamins though.

Reply to Purple