Question
Posted by: Bee | 2010/10/21

Vitamin Water

Im no longer drinking tap water but vitamin water. is this pure water or what. I am concerned about the sugar. I dont even feel like im drinking water,its like juice for me.

Dear Bee
I cannot comment on the purity of the water that is used for the manufacture of Vitamin Water, but would presume that the manufacturers use stringent standards of hygiene. I would personally be more concerned for your sake about the high doses of vitamins and minerals you may be ingesting if you drink large volumes of a drink that is NOT intended as a substitute for water. Recent research has indicated that excessive intakes of vitamins and minerals can be potentially harmful and even increase mortality. It is, therefore, not indicated that individuals should ingest massive doses of vitamins and minerals. Just because tiny quantities of these nutrients are beneficial, it does not mean that large doses cannot be dangerous. Please switch over to drinking boiled, cooled tap water (filter if necessary) or soda water, and do not drink so much the Vitamin Water that you exceed the Recommended Daily Allowance for each vitamin and mineral.
Take care

2
Posted by: @Bee | 2010/10/22

Oh dear, Bee. This is just another example of the public being conned by big corporations (in this case Coca-Cola) into thinking they are drinking / eating foods that are actually good for them when it is really just sugar- or fat-laden junk! Vitamin Water is basically sugary water with a few synthetic vitamins thrown in. One would probably be better off drinking tap water and eating the recommended 5+ portions of fresh fruit and veg a day! Not to mention that one''s wallet would also be a lot healthier!

Reply to @Bee

Dear Bee
Take care