Question
Posted by: Cammy | 2012/02/13

Vitamin Suppliments and breastfeeding

Good day Doc,

Kindly advise , Iam 34 my daugher is 9 months , she is on both bottle and breastfeed . However i have gone back to studying and i Feel i do requirre some vitamin suppliments is supradyn forte or centrum safe in breastfeeding?.

Dear Cammy
Nutrients that you ingest from supplements may well pass into your breastmilk, so it may be a good idea to only take a supplement like Supradyn Forte or Centrum every 2nd day, to prevent overdosing your daughter with nutrients like vitamin A that is stored in the body. Although we always refer to these supplements as "vitamin supplements" they also contain a whole range of minerals, which may be present at levels that exceed your daughter's requirements at the moment.

2
Posted by: Thando | 2012/02/23

I am currently breastfeeding my 8 month old daughter. Is it safe to supradyn weght smart?

Thank you.

Reply to Thando

Dear Cammy