Posted by: Lynn | 2009-02-24

Vitamin Suppliment

My son is 11, in grade 5 and at the moment I give him 3 various daily supplements: 2 tabs Omega3 + 2 tabs Bio Strath + 1 Folic Vitamin each morning. I put in an extra Bio Strath for 1st break but most of the time he forgets to take it. He still struggles with concentration but is actively involved in class discussions, etc and has no problem doing the work. It' s completing tasks where he seems to be a bit slow. I am covering all aspects and just want to be sure if I am ' OK'  on the supplement side. Many thanks in advance!

Dear Lynn
Just be careful not to overdose him - for a child 450mg of Omega 3 DHA per day is enough. Just ensure that he is eating na healthy balanced diet with at least 5 portions of fruits/vegetables per day. It may be worth your while to have him evaluated by an occupational therapist to see if he will benefit from therapy or other medication