Posted by: Skinny | 2009-03-06

Vitamin Overdose?

Dear Doc,

I am going to start to the weight gain diet suggested on this site. It will be easier for me to take ensure / nestle nutren between meals as suggested. My question is, will I not be overdosing (if such a thing exists) on vitamins and minerals seeing that I' m already taking centrum multivits in so doing?

Dear Skinny
While you take the Ensure or Nutren you don't really need to take the Centrum because you will be ingesting practically all the nutrients you require for good health both via the liquid meal supplement AND your normal diet. Put the Centrum on hold for the time being and once you have gained your goal weight, consider obtaining the vitamins and minerals from a healthy balanced diet.
Good luck with the weight gain