Posted by: mun | 2010-01-14

vitamin D deficiency

I was vitamin d deficiency my level was 11 ng/L,
I have received my test result of vitamin D3 yesterday and the result is 76.1 ng/L,after two months of treatment I feel better but still feeling little achy,muscle weakness,I can' t walk normally,and did not fully regained my energy
I have seen an article Talk about this:

In terms of vitamin D pharmacokinetics (discussed in section 2b), steady-state 25(OH)D
concentrations could be achieved as early as 40 days following the start of daily supplementation.
Although, in some cases it could take up to 90 days or more for concentrations to reach
plateau levels. This was observed in the study by Lee and Chen [2008] in which significant pain
relief from neuralgia was achieved at 3 months after beginning vitamin D supplementation.
In another clinical investigation, female patients with osteomalacia who responded to vitamin D supplementation first noticed symptom resolution at about 40 days after the start of therapy, and pain relief was nearly complete by roughly 90 days [de la Jara et al. 2006].

However, one of the patients required 7 months of supplementation to become pain-free.
Similarly, other researchers have suggested that bone-related pain may require approximately
3 months of adequate vitamin D supplementation for its relief [de la Jara et al. 2006  Heath
and Elovic 2006].

However, muscle pain may need 6 months and muscle weakness or fatigue may require up to 12 months to resolve [de la Jara et al. 2006  Glerup et al 2000b  Heath and Elovic 2006], but some improvements in muscle discomfort could be felt within 4 to 6 weeks.

Overall, Vasquez and colleagues [2004] recommended that at least 5 to 9 months should be
allowed for fully assessing either the benefits or ineffectiveness of vitamin D supplementation.
Likewise, Vieth et al. [2004] suggested that the greatest physiologic responses may occur after
6 months of supplementation.

Therefore, the time frame recommended in this report ? monitoring results for up to 3
months ? should be a minimum period of watchful waiting. Some patients may start to notice
improvements within weeks, if they are alert to subtle changes, while others may become discouraged unless they are advised at the start that vitamin D supplementation could take a
number of months, even up to 9 months, to reach its full potential in helping to relieve musculoskeletal aches, pains, and/or related symptoms.

Will what do you think?

Am I gonna feel ok after a few months?
should I wait?

I' m sorry I know it' s a lot of questions..

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Mun
Will get back to you on your e-mail asap

Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010-01-15

Dear Mun

Reply to Healthy Bones