Question
Posted by: Lebs | 2012-11-05

Vitamin B12

My doctor has suggested I take the Vitamin B12 injection as it help with the metabolism and that will make me loose weight.

Is that true?

Thanks for you help Doc

Dear Lebs
Vitamin B12 is necessary for the formation of healthy red blood cells that transport oxygen through the body. So increasing your vit B12 intake should make you feel more energetic, so that you can start doing exercises every day. Vit B12 on its own will, however, not really cause weightloss. To achieve weightloss you need to reduce your energy intake with a balanced slimming diet and to increase your energy output by doing exercise.