Question
Posted by: Jen | 2009-07-08

Vitamin A

Arovit has been discontinued so i am taking Vitaforce Vitamin A10000 i.u a day. I noticed that hair loss is a side effect if taken in large doses does tthis mean i am going to lose hair again?Also how long does it take in terms of months before i start seeing results?

Dear Jan
The RDA for vitamin A is 2300 IU/day for women and 3000 IU/day for men. Be careful not to take too much - more isn't in this case necessarily better nor will it necessarily give quicker results. I can't predict how quick it will work but usually within about 6 weeks.
dr Bets