Question
Posted by: Anne | 2011-08-30

Vit D deficiency - Hashimoto''s Thyroiditis - High Cholesterol

Hi Doc,

After feeling chronic fatigue as well as achy in joints and muscles I went to see endocrinologist who did a battery of tests. I have had hashimotos for years been on eltroxin. I developed high cholesteral around menopause so am on crestor but a low dose as higher doses give me such muscle pains. Now I am unsure my aches and pains are fibromyalgia related to the hashimotos and vit d deficiency and cholesterol or side effects of crestor.
The doc found my cholesterol was high so doubled my dose of crestor and gave me vit d calciferol to take.
He said vit d deficiency causes fatigue. I am so tired all the time it is awful. Feels like it takes all my energy to just get through the day!

Anne

Ask your endocrinologist to re-examine you for chronic fatigue. It is possible that your thyroid levels are low and hence the fatigue. It is important to visit the endocrinologist and to disclose all relevant information.