Posted by: TK | 2009-03-21

Vit C and soya products when pregnant

Hi Doctor

I have heard that you should try to stay away from too much Vit C (for instance supplements) and soya products when trying to conceive.

I am now six weeks pregnant, is it now OK to use Vitamin C supplements, as the colds etc. are starting to stick out their heads, and I want to prevent getting a cold/flu, or should I wait until for instance 12 weeks before taking anything? I know that a lot of Vit C can cause you to loose the baby, so I just want to make sure when it' s safe, if at all?

Also, is it OK now to eat soya sauce in my foods?

Thanks doc!!

Dear TK

As this is not a fertility related question I suggest you post this question on Gynae Doc on the heath 24 website.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo