Question
Posted by: Annemarie | 2011/06/24

vit B12

Hallo dr Ingrid

A view years ago i went to one of our local pharmacy and join the diet clinic. Basicly they take out all your carbs for a while and slowly put it back again. My body went into ketosis. I lost 7kg in 10 weeks. But needless to say after i was done with this diet i picked up everything and more. I will not recommend this diet to anybody.

I am now on a low gi low fat diet with lots of exercises. Results are slow, but i will stick to this eating plan.

During the 10 weeks diet, you also get an injection once a week.

I asked again what is in that injection and the sister said it is just Vit b12 and that it increase your metabolism. Is this true? And if i inject once a week will i see results sooner and what will the results be if i still eat normal but stop the injection.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Dear Annemarie
Thank you for giving me and the other Readers feedback on these diets and injections that are available from pharmacies. I do hope that Jo who asked about them today, will read your contribution. If those injections were vit B12 and not the growth hormone one of my other Readers reported on, then they are basically harmless, but will also not do anything for weightloss. Vit B12 is required for the production of healthy blood and a deficiency can lead to so-called megaloblastic anaemia. But if you don't have a vit B12 deficiency then there is no reason to have the injections! I am so glad to hear that you are now using a low-fat, low-GI diet and plenty of exercise to lose weight. This regimen may be slower, but it is so much healthier and cheaper to boot! Stick to your programme and you will not only lose kg, but cm, and also feel so much better because of the low-GI composition of the diet.

1

Dear Annemarie