Posted by: Visual disturbance | 2011-11-13

Visual disturbance

About a week ago I suffered some form of visual disturbance. My vision went quite blurry. I had a line of blurriness across my vision. It was like looking through glass that had a line in it that is thinner than the rest of it or a crack maybe. It was half moon shape almost but a bit flatter. If I closed each eye it was still there. If I close my eyes I could see it too as a white line with little black stripes crisscross crossing over it and almost flickering. I could not read. It lasted about 30 minutes.

Today it happened again and the line was in a different place and was more like a backward c shape. It lasted about 20 minutes.
I felt a bit weird afterward like a mild nausea almost.

I am 27 weeks pregnant.
Blood pressure is normal as well as the glucose screening.

I suggest that you consult an opthalmologist, as it is possible that there is increased pressure present inside your eyes. It might be a mild form of glycoma that will have to be treated. This can cause blindness but it is treatable with medication or surgery.