Visiting IT Professional w/Rx needs

I' m contemplating accepting a 3-month contract in Jhb but due to a car accident last year have some neck/spine issues that cause me quite a bit of pain. Since I' m on painkillers in the U.S. should I bring a prescription from my doctor here before going over in order to have a supply while I' m working for the short period of time in Jnb? I' m afraid that bringing a 3-month supply with me might create problems with customs, yet I also feel that a doctor in Jnb might be hesitant to prescribe pain meds for fear of my being an addict, which I do not feel that I am. I can see where this is a valid concern. It was only 5 months ago that my neck was almost broken in this car accident so I' ll need meds for quite some time, if not for the rest of my life given the location of the surgery, pain, etc. Thanks in advance for your time and comments!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Ask your doctor to write a medical report on your condition, as well as providing you with a prescription for your medication. I'd suggest buying your meds on that side and briniging it into SA with your documentation - The same product may not be available on this side.
Otherwise, after reading your report, a SA doctor may be able to provide you with a script for a suitable pain-medication.

Which product are you taking?