Question
Posted by: kim | 2010/03/10

visit to gynae?

Hello, can you still see the gynae even if you are bleeding? does it make a difference to the doctor? although embarrassing for the patient. thanks

Pap smears cannot be done while you are bleeding, but otherwise there is no probelm.

2
Posted by: Purple | 2010/03/11

I''ve always wondered about this - especially as you have to book a gynae appointment nearly 6 months in advance.

I don''t want to go when having my period. When it has happened, I''ve explained to the receptionist who has then phoned me with the next cancellation, usually one or two weeks later. It''s never an appointment at a convenient time, but I just explain to my boss what happened, and I go (usually I book appointments for the start or end of the day so as not to inconvenience my colleagues).

Reply to Purple