Posted by: Melanie | 2011-05-23

Vision problems with Diabetes

I am a 43yr old Ketone prone Type 2 diabetic. Was only diagnosed in March, but may have had it for at least 4 years. I am on Humulin 2x a day, I am also taking Simvotin and Prexum. I am having sharp pains in my toes and feet in the evenings and sometimes in the mornings. I also seem to be getting "  after images"  in my vision that last a fair while. They are in the centre of my vision and almost blind me in that spot. Any ideas why this is happening?

Visual change in a diabetic has to be investigated by an opthalmologist as soon as possible.

The sharp pains in your feet and toes are due to diabetic neuropathy. I suggest that you consult your doctor to ensure that your diabetes are treated optimally. He/she can prescribe something like Neurontin or Lyrica to alleviate your symptoms.