Posted by: boo | 2010-11-21

virus or what

Hey doc I''m going thru a nightmare of wat seems to be a virus it started on tuesday when I ate some ice cream I puked everything out then it started properly wednesday whatever solid food I ate I just puked out strangely no diarrhea but severe abdominal cramps the vomitting has stopped but the cramps are severe my gp says I have the stomach bug was rushed to hospital on friday because I felt faint the physician told me my white cell count was abit high but everything else x rays were normal he hasn''t advised anti biotics just buscopan and maxalon at the momment I''ve got severe abdominal pain with very mild diarrhea maybe once a day I''m a lil worried what should I do

It is possible that it is a viral infection and rest and fluids are your best option. I do however, suggest that you ask your doctor to do a stool MC&S to exclude a bacterial infection of the gut.