Question
Posted by: simon | 2012/10/06

virus in the esophagus

My brother has been hospitalized for almost 3 weeks for intestinal problems. As he was getting ready to be raleased he was dignosed with a strange virus in the esophagus and according to his doctor its only found in people with HIV. He has been tested multiple times for venereal diseases and hiv and the results came out negative. what kind of virus could it be and what could of caused it?

Simon

I am not sure what type of virus the doctor is referring to and I suggest that your brother reconsults the doctor, as he is in possession of all the results.