Question
Posted by: ST | 2011/03/02

virus...

Hi, how safe is this situation? A few of my friends and their families are going away this weekend to do some volunteer work for our church. One family has a one year old baby-this baby has seen sick and in hospital since sunday with some sort of stomach virus. This family seems insistent on coming along this weekend-that is if their baby is out of hospital.

However, I don''t think its entirely safe for the baby should they decide to come along. Either for the baby or for the rest of the group. We are all staying in the same resort in seperate chalets, but I am worried about the others in the group also catching this bug. We''re far off from doctors as well, hence the concern. what can myself and my family do to prevent catching the bug?

Hallo ST
Diarrhoeal diseases are easily spread, especially if an infected person is involved in making food or doesn't wash their hands after going to the toilet. I would not advise one to take a recently discharged baby to a location that is far away from medical care, and if the baby still has diarrhoea, the risk of infection is definitely a possibility.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/02

Hallo ST