Question
Posted by: Debby | 2012-03-28

virginity

I recently got married and I was a virgin until then, i was having my menstrual period at this time and my husband couldn''t wait, so we had sex for the 1st time and there was no blood on the bed cover but there was blood covering my Virginia opening. my husband said this wasn''t sufficient enough for a virgin and for someone who is menstruating. he said he is not sure if the blood is not from the menstrual period, he does not believe that i never had sex before and this is quite painful for me.
can you advice, must there be blood stain on the bed at one''s 1st sexual intercourse?

No there is not always blood on first sexual intercourse - the hymen may be broken during sport, or other activity (including, but not necessarily sexual in nature - eg. inserting a tampon, self-exploration). Sometimes women have never had much tissue there in the first place, sometimes it is partially broken by physical activity, sometimes it is difficult and painful to break - but this is not that common. Do you think it is as simple as you husband accepting one of the myths about the hymen and virginity and needs to find out more information about this, or could there be other reasons for his insecurity about this?

Claire - SASHA

2
Posted by: Rider | 2012-03-28

hi There

I had no bleeding what so ever after my first time. I was a very active teen and that could affect it. Just because there was not alot of bleeding regardless of the time your husband should not be second guessing you about that. he should jrust your word. This is a rather bad start to the rest of your life. I hope that you can sort it out fast a marrage is hard enough without complicating it with things like this!!!

Reply to Rider
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012-03-28

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist