Posted by: love | 2011-08-23

virginal infection

good day doct

on the 17 of july i was sexually active i am on the pill nordette.
after a few days i started to itch and they was burning and swelling as well as a clear discharge i went to the chemist and they recommended closcript vaginal cream 50mg i used this inseting cream for a few days it helped bt did nt take the problem away. after my mnthly period the infection stopped i used a public toilet abt a week after my period and the next day the infection was back but this time i had a grey discharge it resembled wet toilet paper and i also had fine pimples i left it for a week then on sunday i went to the chemist they recommended adco metronida 400mg they said i needed to take 5 tablets at once i did it the same time then on monday they was no discharge bt burning and itching in the virgin and vulva. i left it did nt apply any cream as im afraid i will make the problem worst..then today tuesday i have a off white discharge simplier to the 1 i had before taking the tablets.
my questions are-
shud i continue to use the closcript vaginal cream?
do i need to use a hygien wash instead of normal bath soap?
why didnt the thrush treatment work?
do i need another dose of the metronida or diffrent miligram?
wat do i do for the itching and burning and swelling and hw lng will it take it get better?
please recommend something that you thk will work?

thank you doc i really appreciate ur feedback
thanx for the great forum

i dnt have medical aid and can not afford to see a doctor therefore i self medicate

If you are unable to consult a private physician, you should consult your doctor at your nearest clinic. It is necessary to have a papsmear done and to take a swab of the discharge for analysis by a lab, to determine the type of infection that you have. It is also important to have a STD (sexually transmitted disease) profile done.

Do not continue using the Closcript vaginal cream, as we are unsure about the cause for your discharge. A hygiene wash or the use of normal bath soap, can aggrevate a yeast infection of the vagina. Rather take a shower and wash your private parts with a clean wet cloth.

The thrush treatment probably did not work because your infection is not due to a yeast infection. You should not take another dose of Metronida before you have consulted a doctor.

For the burning, itching and swelling, you can apply Closcript vaginal cream to the outside of the vagina. This will alleviate your symptoms but I am unable to advise how long it will take to clear up, as we do not know what the exact cause is.

It is imperative to consult a doctor.