Posted by: sarah | 2009-01-05

virgin going to gynea

hi there, i am 20 years old and last year january i went to my first gynea appointment. he asked me a few questions and i told him i was still a virgin so he said ok then i dont need to do a complete exam(he did my blood pressure, felt for lumps on my breasts and felt my abdomen but did not look at my vagina because i am a virgin).
i asked to be put on the pill and he prescribed yasmin which i have been using for a year now. i need to go for my next annual appointment this january as my perscription runs out. But my question is, will he perform a complete exam this time? i am still a virgin so i dont know if this means he cant? my bf and i fool around but have not had actual sex. oh and my second question.. if you have just started to masturbate does that mean your not a virgin anymore?
please help.. thanx!

I am not sure why you are on the Pill if you are not sexually active, but you will not have a vaginal examination unless you have symptoms. Masturbation does not mean that you are not a virgin.

Posted by: Ruby | 2009-01-05

Hey Sarah,
The reason why they do a pap smeer is to check for virus' s and stuff that could lead to cervical cancer. You only become susceptable for this when you have sexual intercourse. Therefore there is no reason for full exam unless you are sexually active. I only had my first gynae appointment when I was 31 (after I got married). All the best! R

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-05

If you masturbate you' re still a virgin unless you have sex in other words penetration.

No your doc wont do a full exam until you either ask for one or you lose your virginity. You can also just phone for a prescription, they are not so stern with it.