Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2012/03/14

ViralChoiceC / Sterols &  Sterolins

Good morning

I have a question regarding " Sterols &  Sterolins" ...
I bought a bottle of ''ViralChoiceC Cold &  Flu'' about 2 months ago and I took 2 capsules. I felt sick about 5 minutes later.. I was nauseous and a burning sensation in my throat and I kept on ''burping'' up a strong garlic flavour. I thought maybe I had eaten something that didn''t agree with me... but I didn''t take them again until today...My fiancè  and I are going overseas soon and I thought it will be a good idea for us to take a " immune system support'' capsule... I gave it to him with a glass of water and took my own capsules too... again after a few minutes I had a terrible feeling of sickness and burning down my throat... I thought it was just me but then my fiancè  came to me with the same symptoms! It''s just too strange that we were both perfectly fine a few minutes ago until taking the capsules. Any idea what the problem could be?

Dear Vicky
I must admit that I do not have the list of ingredients that are used in "ViralChoiceC Cold & Flu" capsules, but it is perfectly possible that both you and your fiancé are sensitive or allergic to one of the ingredients or one of the so-called excipients (compounds that are added to make the capsule - for example, a capsule may be made of gelatine and some people may be allergic/sensitive to gelatin). I think you should go back to the pharmacy or health shop where you bought this product and ask the pharmacist or the person in charge of the health shop to explain to you which ingredients have the potential to cause such side-effects.
Rather use a balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and probiotics (Bifidoflora or Intestiflora - buy at health shops) to boost your immunity. Also ask the pharmacist or your gp about anti-flu injections because I have been told that this year, the flu overseas is particularly virulent.
Enjoy your visit overseas.

1

Dear Vicky
Enjoy your visit overseas.