Posted by: Shells | 2008-11-21

Viral gastritis

When ever I get gastritis with nausea I always end up on a drip. I got sick on Monday and was on a drip on Tuesday. My blood sugar was 3.4 at the time as I could not eat and I could not swollow so I did not drink anything.

I had severe all over body cramps and I felt as though i had swollowed acid that burnt not just my stomach but my intestines as well. I was very tired and I still am, although I am back at work now.

I have very loose stools still and they are a funny green colour, first in the morning however it is just clear mucus. I was given spasmogel and something for stomach cramps but nothing else. The nausea has abated a bit but i am worried about my stomach still being so upset.

What can I do to clear this up? What caused the acid feeling and how can I stop myself from picking up this virus?

Thank you for visiting

I strongly recommend that you make an appointment with a gastroenterologist, in order to have a gastroscopy done, in order to exclude severe gastritis with a bacterial infection.

Kind regards