Question

viral encephalitis?

Hi. I''d like to know. We were in contact with kids last tuesday who we heard on saturday have viral encephalitis. I have a bad headache, am nauseous and my neck is stiff. It also feels like I''m in menopause (I''m 28 so it''s impossible) and having bad hot flushes. Their mom has the same symptoms as me. Should I be worried

Dear Anon
I think you should rather be cautious and see your doctor as the symptoms are suggestive of viral encephalitis.

5
Posted by: celeste wilkins | 2011/02/21

B, I took them about 6 hours ago and I''m still feeling fine. Slight headache but that''s all.

Thank you Dr Bets, I will see how I feel tomorrow. How will they diagnose it?

Celeste

Reply to celeste wilkins
Posted by: B | 2011/02/21

Could have been, how long ago did you take the headache pills and have the symptoms come back after they worked out?

Reply to B
Posted by: Celeste Wilkins | 2011/02/21

B, I drank headache pills and nausea pills and I feel fine now. The stiff neck was gone quickly too.
I thought more that it could be a migraine? I don''t think the symptoms would have gone away if it was that? Or would they?

Reply to Celeste Wilkins
Posted by: B | 2011/02/21

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to B
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/21

Dear Anon