Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/05/28

Viral

Is there a viral infection or something going around, that would cause your glands in your neck to be painful? My gland only on the one side of my neck has a shooting pain if I move my head in certain ways, especially if I turn my head to the opposite side of the sore gland. I'm no expert, but I think it is also swollen.

Should I see my doc or is it something that will clear up on it's own?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is winter and therefore, more close contact with other people, which increases your chance to contract cold or flu virusses. I suggest that you take something like Benalyn 4 flu, drink a lot of water and get plenty of bed rest, in order for you to recover.

Kind regards