Question
Posted by: Ann | 2012/09/13

Violence

I recently had way way too much wine and just totally lost control. I threw 2 glasses of wine over my bf of 5 years and put my fist in his face(I didnt hit him). We are under a lot of stress at the moment and I think everything that I was fearing and bottling up inside of me just came pouring out. I am not a violent person nor a heavy drinker. What happened to me? Now my bf thinks I am going to be like that all the time and that I have a ''hidden'' problem that ive been keeping quiet about. I have apologised over and over for what happended but he is thinking of walking away from the relationship. I can understand if he does as I certainly would not be happy if he had done that to me. How to I make amends? Ive apologised but he doesnt seem to want to accept the apologies.

Ain't alcohol marvellous ? Its so good at uncorking whatever you may have been bottling up, and letting it all fizz out, like a champagne bottle that's been shaken.
Obviously disconcerting for the bf. Its a good example of why one needs to be cautious about drinking, especially when one is feeling emotionally turbulent. Some of us seem to be far more vulnerable to these sort of dyscontrol episodes, even on relatively small amopunts of alcohol, so be cautious in future.
Can't really tell you how to make amends without knowing far more about both of you and your history together, than we can exchange here.
Often its important to apologise early and clearly, and then allow him a little time to digest events.

1