Posted by: Lebo | 2009-02-13

Violation of employment contract

Is this a violation of my contract of employment.

My boss and I had a disagreement. I was employed as her assistant and in the interview she said I would do some PA duties I told her that I am not familiar with PA work and she said they would be minimal, like managing her diary and taking her calls. I am given work on a daily basis like " this what you will do today"  and she makes me run like a headless chicken, she would ask me to close her door, get printouts for her and all those silly things, and if you discuss confidential things with her she tells her sidekick. I told her I don' t apreciate doing these stupid things for her, I know that I agreed to the job with a PA element but I did not sign up to be a skivvy to buy stuff for hubby and kids and I am not comfortable with all that and we agreed that i will look for a another job and in the meantime I should continue with my duties until I find something.

And now she won' t give work she gives me her old files to file I don' t even know where to start as things in these files are drafts and correspondence hers nogal.

Could you kindly tell when an employment contract is violated.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Unfortunatly if you don't have a specific outline of your duties, then you need to do what is legally obliged of you.