Question
Posted by: Dominic | 2009-12-04

Village of men require fertility testing

Hello! Recently, I met with a traditional leader in a rural area near Rustenburg. He asked me whether I could arrange to test the fertility of all the men in his village. I have no medical background whatsoever, but I work in the community as a volunteer. Over the years, I have developed good relationships with everyone in the village. What is the procedure? Do I arrange for each of the men to ejaculate into medical cups and then send the cups off to a clinic for testing? Is it expensive? What crash course can I do to help me to facilitate this for the men? I want to know how the process works and I want to organize it, I want to know what to do when one of the villagers enters my office to donate semen right through to actually having the semen tested and returning the results to the villager. Please could you advise. Thank you.

Dear Dominic

The difficulty with semen testing is that the semen quality deteriorates if not handled carefully and within a certain time period. This will then lead to false abnormal results and undue anxiety. The sperm can be collected on site but needs to be transported within a certain time period and at certain temperature limits to the laboratory for analysis. However recently home sperm testing kits are available which will give you a crude idea of any abnormalities. For further information regarding this you can contact the BioART fertility centre in January 2010 and we will assist you in instruction regarding this process.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Anon | 2009-12-09

No they want to make muti. This is another form of witchcraft. Dont even answer because that traditional leader is not a doctor. They want to make muti. Evil people

Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009-12-09

Dear Dominic

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: me | 2009-12-08

Why would he want to test everyone' s fertility. Is he not violating another humans rights? Have they agreed to it?

Reply to me