Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2011/05/06

VICTIMISATION

I am a senior HR pracitioner with the same company for 8 yrs. In 2010 a new CEO and HR Manager were appointed and they have instlled a culture victimisation. In April 2011 we embarked on a strike (senior managers also participated) for salary, victimisation of union members and failure to follow procedures.A memo of grievances was submitted to the chairman of our Board by the union.The chairman undertook to investigate.
In a departmental meeting the HR Manager accused me of leaking confidential information in front of my juniors because my name was mentioned in the memo. What must I do? Should I lodge a grievance?There is an investigation going on and I feel they are interferring with the investigation by interogating people about the contents of the memo. Some employees were even been suspended after the strike.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: VICTIMISATION

You certainly would lodge a grievance as it does look like you are bieng victimised. You do however need witnesses to support you in the victimisation claim.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/05/31

re: VICTIMISATION

Reply to Labour Lawyer