Posted by: Angelduste | 2008-10-30

Victim of Spiked Drink?

I recently attended a company social and after a few drinks i completely blanked out. I have very bague recollection of the nights events , have flashes of some guy from the office taking advantage of me. im happily married with a child, the funny thing is this person totallypretends like nothing happened. i am soo disgusted and ashamed.. i feel like i lost my self respect, my dignity and have scarred my marriage. My husband has no idea of what transpired. How do i go on ? The next day i didnt feel a hangover like if you would normally over drink.the thought did cross my mind that someone could have spiked my drink could it even be this man who has been after me for such along time... i felt like when u drugs and you have a come down of some sort.Please help.. im soo depressed, disgusted with myself how do i ever live again

SR makes an interesting suggestion --- if you had such confidantes you might also find that some others had had similar experiences. Sometimes a blood test could detect such drugs, but usually only if the sample were drawn within a day or so of the ingestion of the drink. Don't blame yourself if someone else did this to you --- it wasn't your fault. It reminds us that even in situations you'd expect to be safe, you may need to be cautious about what you drink, and to avoid the rather traditional posture of a woman having a man fetch her a drink --- you're safer if you can pour it yourself or at least watch the preparation.
If, as it seems you were drugged and misused when incapable of resisting or protecting yourself, do not blame yourself, but see a counsellor, as this was a form of rape and you deserve support and help to get over it

Posted by: Vegan | 2008-10-30

Angelduste, you have nothing to feel guilty about and nothing to hide from your husband. YOU are the victim. It seems you were raped, plain and simple. God, I' m so sorry you had to experience something so awful. If I was you I' d tell my husband and hint that I wouldn' t mind if he went and dealt with this man himself. I' m just saying...

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Reply to Vegan
Posted by: AD | 2008-10-30

No group... i dont have frends at work... but there are few ppl who are very envious of me because of my position etc.... Thank you SR and DOC for yr words.... i really appreciate it...i need to move past this... its will be hard...

Reply to AD
Posted by: SR | 2008-10-30

Funny thing is that if a few woman were confiding in one another and one broke the story to the rest and explained that she was in a quandry to sort this matter out I' m sure the group could think of amazing ways to take revenge on the culprit and sort him out in their own special way

Do you have a group you could confide in?

Reply to SR