Question
Posted by: Janita Janssen | 2009/06/05

Vicks Vapor Rub in Pregnancy

Hello,
It seems that there is conflicting advice regarding the use of Vicks Vapor Rub (on the feet and chest) during pregnancy? I am 18 weeks pregnant and have a cold - is it safe for me to rub Vicks under my feet and on my chest?
Thank you!
Janita

Janita

Vicks Vapor Rub has never been tested in pregnancy and therefore, the safety has not been determined. I do however, think that it will be safe to use. I do however, rather suggest that you get a lot of rest and consume plenty of fluids and take Panado for the fever and pain. This will alleviate your flu symptoms.