Question
Posted by: congested | 2010-06-17

Vibrocil microdoser

I''ve had a lot of issues with runny nose, congestion, nasal drip etc., and my GP prescribed vibrocil microdoser for me. It has really helped, but I''m still having some issues. The pharmacy printed on the box that I shouldn''t use it for more than 5 days, and it''s been 5 days now. How long can I safely continue using it still? Or is 5 days the maximum?
I read the pamphlet, and it just says that " extended use"  is bad, but doesn''t define extended use.

Thanx!!

Hallo Congested
Vibrocil can cause "rebound" congestion if used for too long. Do you have the blocked nose due to a cold or do you think it is due to an allergy? If a chronic allergy, you can try Loratidine at night and Beclate nosespray twice a day longterm.

3

WILL WE EVER GET VIBROCIL PLAIN GEL BACK

Posted by: Dr. Sultan | 2014-03-25

Vibrocil is ver effective in different cases of blocked nose. It contains, however, the phenylephrine which can cause addiction upon long term use. This is why I think that it should be used only occasionally and only when necessary.

Reply to Dr. Sultan
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-17

Hallo Congested