Question
Posted by: Siobahn | 2008/08/03

Vibro Shape

Hi- l have borrowed a vibro shape belt from my friend. Do these things work or is it a load of rubbish.It is a Verimark product and is very uncomfortable to use and you have to sit still coz the cord is not long enough! Am l wasting my time. I am going on a beach holiday end of next month and l have a tummy that l want to get rid of. I excercise a lot but tummy just wont budge.
Can you help please!!!

HI Siobahn

Honestly, I'm leaning towards the negative on this one. Those kinds of devices are marketing, nothing more. They tend to promise a lot, never get proven and then probably dno't work. Their principle of working is flawed to begin with, because we know that you cannot spot reduce. People make the mistake of trying to to target the muscle group, often at the expense of doing the whole body exercise that is actually more effective. That's not to say that focus on a muscle group or area is bad, because you need it, but it's better to do whole body exercise. The exercise is cardio training - like running, walking, cycling, swimming, taebo, aerobics etc. Anything that is cardiovascular gets the heart pumping and energy burning is most effective. It is just a question of how you use these cardio sessions. I would suggest at least 4 days a week of cardio training, each session lasting about 30 to 45 minutes, AT LEAST. You have to build up this duration and then keep at it consistently in order to see change.

The specific exercises for the area in question have a relatively minor role, other than that they are responsible for developing the muscle in the area, which creates the appearance of being toned. That's obviously what you want, but you have to realise that you can't do the toning and specific work first and neglect the cardio - it has to work the other way around, cardio first, toning second. So focus on cardio, then on toning.

Diet is also very crucial, and if it's not 100% it will undermine any exercise benefits. So the best thing is to see a dietician or follow a very good diet plan. Just remember that low kilojoule is not necessarily better - too low causes problems as well, because it causes the body's metabolic rate to drop and that affects your ability to lose weight in the future. So don't try to starve yourself or go overboard, rather eat sensibly, cut out as much fat as you can, and listen to your body.

Ross

15
Posted by: Atlantis | 2016/07/25

The original ' power plate ' machine is one of the best work out machines I've ever tried and trained people on!! Not the small one the big commercial one.. Also the original Vibro Shape Belt with 2 motors original IGIA product I've purchased in Germany is also amazing I needed a second one I've tried maybe 10 others all I'm getting China's cheap copy ones and they don't work !!

Reply to Atlantis
Posted by: Sean | 2016/05/28

This isnt meant to loose weight!!! You people are complaining but you actually have no Idea what its doing. Tensing the muscle with a electric pulse won't make you lose weight Haha. Do your research. It helps people who dont have a belly and want to tone. Weight loss comes from burning more Cal than you consume on a good diet. Ignorant people who think they know everything Haha Lazy minds......

Reply to Sean | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: B.jones | 2016/05/29

Oh what a fool you are.

Posted by: cupcakeem | 2016/05/19

Garbage pure garbage.

Reply to cupcakeem
Posted by: romeo mohale | 2016/01/02

You have to be on a low to no fat diet for it to work (you will lose weight if you go on this diet without the use of belts anyway)

Reply to romeo mohale
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/27

I'm 12 and it worked wonders

Posted by: Happy | 2015/08/27

Hi, The Vibro belt did good for me. You must use it every day and follow a diet. I used it 6 months after having a baby and i must say i was quiet happy after one month of dayly use Mon-Fri. Have a great day. Thank you.

Reply to Happy
Posted by: Bella | 2015/02/07

Did not make me loose weight but helped tremendously with relieving constipation....

Reply to Bella
Posted by: kalind | 2015/01/01

Load of rubbish.

Reply to kalind
Posted by: kalind | 2015/01/01

Load of rubbish.

Reply to kalind
Posted by: mawil | 2014/11/30

Hi just want to ask if i can use vibro shape for example 10 minutes for my hips and 10 minutes for in my arms for 1 day?

Reply to mawil
Posted by: mawil | 2014/11/30

Reply to mawil
Posted by: simba | 2014/08/06

yep, I will recommend it as it did wonders in just 7days (lost 7lbs). of course you ought to have a healthy eating plan. Good luck!

Reply to simba
Posted by: honesty | 2008/09/19

Do not buy it as a slimming belt! If you google it and go to made in china, you get the honest purpose of this belt. The actual purpose is not slimming, but merely massaging with about 10 different settings!

Be carefull!

Reply to honesty
Posted by: Mab | 2008/08/19

Would you think that the " crazy fit machine"  or " power plate"  gives you enough " cardio"  exercise?
They claim to get the blood circulating etc.
Would this then be a good " option"  for " exercise"  ?

M

Reply to Mab