Posted by: lilly | 2008-11-10

Vibration plate/machine

Ek wil baie graag en probeer nog om swanger te raak..maar ek gebruik/oefen elke dag op die vibration plate/machine..Ek is ' n bietjie oorgewig, en wil gewig verloor om swanger te kan raak. Wat sal gebeur as ek die machine gebruik?

Taz's advice sounds reasonable.

Posted by: Taz | 2008-11-10

Hi Lilly

I have done an advanced course in teaching Power Plate in London so my answer is genuine not just something I thought.
The reason they say a person should not use power plate while pregnant is because when using the machine, your body produces a lot of growth hormone (which is what helps your muscles to grow and get stronger on the machine) and it is very dangerous for a fetus to be subject to these growth hormones in such quantities, as well as the fact they don' t have any research to see what it can actually do to the fetus. You can carry on using the plate until you are pregnant but the moment you miss your period test yourself for pregnancy and if you are you must stop using the plate immediately.
Hope this helps

Reply to Taz