Question
Posted by: Worried | 2010/05/31

Vibration in heart area

Hi doc

Really hope you can help. I was extremely tired today as i been going through a busy time at work, this afternoon I took a nap on the couch and all of a sudden felt a vibration on the left side of my chest. It felt like a cell phone vibrating, however my phone was not even close to me, it was like 2 seconds and then it stopped, and a few minutes after that the same feeling again.

I have been on urbanol for a while for anxiety but did not take it today, as I was not anxious, just tired. I also take iron (as I did suffer from anemia 6 months ago), Kalium and Vit B each day. I have had some serious skipped heart beats in the past, but got that checked out and the doctors could not find anything wrong with me.

I am just worried as this was the weirdest feeling ever. Can it be a side affect from the Urbanol?

Any advice would be helpful

Hallo Worried
No I don't think it was due to Urbanol, it may have been an abnormal heart beat. If you don't get it often and you don't get dizzy spells or other symptoms, it is not necessarily something to worry about, but if it happens often, ask your doctor if you can do a 24 hour holter ECG test to see if you can try and "catch" the abnormal rythm on record.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/31

Hallo Worried